The Illinois Grape Growers and Vintners Alliance (IGGVA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to developing the viticulture and enology interests of Illinois through information exchange and cooperation among Illinois grape producers and vintners.
The Illinois Grape Growers and Vintners Alliance was formed:
- To provide a formal structure for a statewide association of grape growers and vintners in Illinois
- To promote the growth of the Illinois grape growing and wine making industries and the production of high quality grapes and wine
- To represent the interests of Illinois grape growers and vintners in legislative and political matters
- To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and to disseminate current information about viticulture and wine making practices
- To recommend, encourage and participate in research related to viticulture and enological issues
- To develop and analyze current marketing information for the use of the members
IGGVA is governed by a board of directors and receives input from the state’s regional chairs from the four wine-growing regions.